And by two socks I mean two pairs, really.
At the moment I am working on Ayartma socks whose pattern is in German, originally. Even though I am a native speaker of the language, I decided to use the English translation since I taught myself to knit using English patterns. It seems, though, that the translation is inaccurate (for instance, you are asked to M1 by knitting into the same stitch twice instead of using the yarn in-between stitches, which then results in confusion when you try to continue with the correct number of stitches). I have no idea exactly what else is wrong because I haven't bothered to look over the bits I have already knitted. Yet, it is quite clear that when knitting some of the charts, either the symbols or their translations are wrong too. I kept getting the wrong number of stitches, no matter how often I checked what I was supposed to be doing. Needless to say, these socks are a nightmare to knit even though they shouldn't be particularly difficult. For the most part, I am now relying on my common sense rather than the written instructions - just in case.
To get my mind off the confusing pattern, I started a new pair of socks called Boxi, a Regina Satta pattern (also German, with translation). This is a nice and easy pattern that knits up quickly. Both the Regia Eskimo Color yarn as well as the pattern were gifts from the German RAK group (Ayartma, by the way, was also a gift pattern). It is really fun to knit these socks and it shouldn't take me long to finish them unless I get distracted by Etsy and my spinning yet again. So much to do, so little time! Luckily, the Boxi socks won't be needed till around Christmas time as they are a present for someone else. But don't tell!