Sunday, 16 April 2017

Happy Easter! Have a Unicorn


Wishing you all a wonderful Easter break! 

Do you get crafty over Easter and paint eggs, too? This is a tradition I have kept up so every year I colour some eggs, usually with dyes from Germany. There is quite a variety of dyes and I like to have a little stash ready for the next few years. 

This year I used pastel dyes you dissolve in a mug with water and vinegar. Just drop the boiled egg in carefully, wait till it has the desired colour, and remove it. I wanted to try something different this time and decided to turn my eggs into unicorns. I was inspired by these beauties. Once I located the glue gun I only ever use once in a blue moon, I was ready to give it a go.

I used tin foil to make the horns, a leafy gold ribbon to make ears, scrap yarn in various colours to make the hair, and some colouring pens for the faces (felt tip for the eyes and pencils for the cheeks). 

I have to admit I absolutely love them! This could have gone disastrously wrong! My favourite is the blue one with pink hair. There are six of these unicorns in total and I am very proud of them.

Happy Easter!


4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I haven't dyed easter eggs in years (or even decades maybe..), but it always looks like sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No egg dyeing? How come? It is lots of fun, but can also get very messy. I was surprised I didn't get any of the colours on our white coffee table!

      Delete
  2. Ooh they're so fun! I haven't painted eggs since I was at school, I'm kinda craving a hard boiled one now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making my way through them. We have three eggs left to eat so we have made good progress. I took one with me to work today just to show it off. :D

      Delete