Sunday, 22 October 2017

The Longest Sock WIP Ever

Knitted socks in King Cole Zig Zag 4-ply

You may remember I blogged about casting on a new pair of socks with King Cole Zig Zag 4-ply way back in May. While I blogged about them in May, I actually started knitting them in March, to be fair. If you want to know how little knitting I have done this year, this project makes it very clear. These socks are finally finished and they are the only thing I have knitted this year.

It's terrible! Not the socks, mind you, but the fact that a simple pair that usually takes me 3 days to knit if I set my mind to it took me till October to cast off. It's a good thing I started them as early as I did because they are a Christmas present. So, basically, I was right on schedule.

I have quite a lot of yarn left over and even though I am not a fan of this colourway (too busy), I think it will come in handy for some sneaker socks to wear inside my winter boots or for bed. If you have any other ideas for this leftover yarn, please let me know!

So now that I have freed up some needles, I can finally get back to some other WIPs. While these socks have been my longest sock WIP, they are not my longest WIP ever. I do need to return to my jumper, which I nearly finished once and had to reknit because of fit issues. Let's hope the moths haven't got to it yet!

What's the longest a pair of socks has taken you to finish? Please let me know I am not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment