Sunday, 5 November 2017

Pixelated Pullover: Take 2

Knitting my first Pixelated Pullover

It's been ages since I first cast on my Pixelated jumper, it's embarrassing. In my defence, I had pretty much finished it once before, but decided to rip back nearly all the way due to the odd fit and the sleeve of doom. I was well aware of the fact that I hate knitting the same pattern twice, so it doesn't surprise me that it took a very long time to pick it up again.

And now I have! I made sure to finish up my Christmas knit before getting back into jumper knitting. Sadly, moths gnawed their way into the bag in which I stored it, but there doesn't seem to be any real damage. The jumper seems fine even though it was clear that moths had certainly been on it in places. Some of the yarn also had signs of moth larvae, but nothing more. We will see what happens, I guess. It's a good thing the yarn is DK weight and not anything finer that is easily chewed through!

So I am slowly plodding on and enjoying this knit again. I really want to be able to wear the jumper this winter, so I better hurry and hope that nothing gets in the way this time! My plan is to simply knit it in a boxy shape without alterations because the customised fit was the main culprit before. As this is my first jumper, I think keeping it simple may be the best idea for now.

What's your current knitting challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment